negotiating with my confusion (the voices in my head won't keep quiet damn it!)

Friday, December 03, 2004

vampire days

sleep by day, work by night
nothnig worse than a vampire's plight

sharpen fangs n mind, as we hunt for food
forced to look hard for a typical dude

Blood curdling cries fill the air
just bit myself, in a moment of despair

hate this life - this world of death
would trade it all, for a breeze or fresh breath

he sits by his computer, coding away
looks of wisdom in a whimsical way

I approach cautiously, rehearsed and planned
lest i go and end up damned

The boy was fast, the talk was vast
But a vampire knows, to end it atlast

The boy whined, said im blind
but I'm a TA, I can change his mind

As I calculated my move, to get my groove
He sat perked, probably thinking i'm a jerk

I unleashed the final blow, to bring him low
To lose his face, without a trace

He looked at me, with absolutely no sympathy
Hoped to get me for this moment of misery

The sky was turning pale and the world was starting to fail
I needed to get back before I felt the nail

A vampire's job is never one to love
But things aren't better here above

I enter my lair, greetings are fair
Fellow vampires rest, as the world goes lest

Tomorrow is another day, 'Tis the time to sleep
For later we shall hunt for free food, and the urge to creep.


Note: dedicated to all those TAs who have had irritating experiences with pesky students asking dumb questions. I feel for you...






2 Comments:

  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simply Awesome :-)

    Applicable to computer geeks too.

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger salsachica said…

    Unfortunately, it applies to accounting afficianados as well. Especially those who try to drill accounting concepts into first year undergrads who don't know the difference between a debit and a credit. Sigh..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home