negotiating with my confusion (the voices in my head won't keep quiet damn it!)

Thursday, December 16, 2004

orange juice, lizards, rain and cognitive meltdowns

so i sit here at 3:40 am in a near comatose state of existence. Sleep eludes me... it's funny how you feel sleepy when it's exam time or when a report is due the next morning but when you are relatively free or have nothing to do, sleep just... doesn't seem to come.

As I was lying down staring at my rather boring ceiling, cravings for orange juice seemed to be playing subconsciously. Thoughts about how small we are in the bigger scheme of the universe started seeping in. I started thinking about Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy... and about the answer 42. Profound don't you think?

Don't ask me why, but I suddenly remember a memory from the past where my friends once sat for almost an hour watching a lizard attempt to eat a fly... or a cockroach... or something like that. They sat, watched, gave running commentary as the lizard tried to get to the fly... only to end up fooled - the fly was on the other side of the glass window. This evoked alot of laughter and some zany discussions. Good times...

Yes, thats a boring story. On a slightly more interesting note, i saw Oceans 12... on a slightly less interesting note it wasn't as hot as the trailer portrayed it to be. mainly because it was as confusing as hell. and also they brought out some really silly stuff like Julia Roberts pretending to be - *gasp* Julia Roberts during an art gallery heist. But wait, I don't want to ruin it for you - watch it yourself. It's an ok flick (would help if you had a date with you incase you both get "bored")- lotsa style thanks to mr.clooney and the pitt man.

it rains alot in vancouver. Pitter patter all the time. The man without an umbrella here is a lost cause. Unless he/she's one of those im-siiiiiiinging-in-the-rain type people. But it still feels good to wake up in the morning and see the vancouver skyline with snow capped mountains in the background. Beautiful British Columbia... I think I've been spoilt living here. I don't think I can live in any other place now. oh well. not a bad thing to get spoilt.

I miss food. Good south indian food. Dosa,idli, sambar,chutney type food. When I go back home I will positively puke if someone offers me pizza. No thanks. Too much pizza for me. Anyway, as you can see I have nothing fascinating to write about here today. My computer kept freezing today - Bill Gates should pay me for this. Nonetheless, I think I'll sign off for tonight (morning technically) and hope that I can come up with something more creative in the day(s) to come...

I finally decided to go to LA these hols. Should be some fun.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get Linux, Boo... D.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home