negotiating with my confusion (the voices in my head won't keep quiet damn it!)

Saturday, January 01, 2005

reality check

We fight and fight we do. War seems to be the name of our game.
Children die, corporations splurge - aren't we such a merry bunch of pricks?
Quest for greed, lust for success. Bottomline is all that its about.
It doesn't matter how you achieve, just get it done u stupid lout.

Like cancer it grows, terminal with distaste - the need for money and fame.
The media feeds on it, the people dream of it and we have only u and me to blame.
Can't you see its a great big hoax?
Can hapiness be bottled? I think not. Can it be bought? Are you on pot?

What about darfur? Yeah what about it? How much did u donate today?
I'm a stupid dick. I took my free 50 bucks and spent it on food that went to waste.
What about ethiopia? Yeah what about it? I have nothnig to do with that place. I have more important things on my mind - like figuring out black jack?!

Perhaps, I should worry about things closer to my heart... it shouldn't take a tsunami everytime to give the world a reality check.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger shivamit said…

    You and me both...

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Ashwin,

    Does this have anything to do with our conversation yesterday???

    Wondered what you thought about it...

    Anand

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger pagala'k' said…

    In a week you would be worrying about your homework and a month later about your mid-terms and a year later about getting a job. Every man for himself my friend...Tsunami makes you stop for a minute but the world and its ability to make your future uncertain makes you run for the rest of your life.

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Posted by D:

    'The Dionysian man resembles Hamlet; both have once looked truly into the essence of things, they have gained knowledge and knowledge inhibits action; for their action could not change anything in the eternal nature of things; they feel it to be ridiculous or humiliating that they should be asked to set right a world that is out of joint. Knowledge kills action; action requires the veils of illusion: that is the doctrine of Hamlet, not that cheap wisdom of Jack the Dreamer who reflects too much, and, as it were, from excess of possibilities, does not get around to action. Not reflection no - true knowledge, an insight into the horrible truth, outweighs any motive for action.'

    Friedrich Nietzsche, 1872.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home